Six Indian Horses: Mustangs
- Mustangs are wild or feral horses that have descended from Spanish stock.
- Their name comes from the Mexican word mestengo meaning stray animal.
- These sure-footed horses have low tails and they come in a wide variety of color.
- Mustangs are known for their endurance.
- Because of their harsh living conditions they are often smaller than other breeds.
- Free-roaming herds are protected by the Bureau of Land Management, which rounds up excess horses for adoption by private owners.