1lb buffalo steak, cubed
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine
1 onion, chopped
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 stick celery,chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2lb potatoes, whole or halved
1/2 lb mushrooms, slice
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 cups beef stock
3 teaspoons beef flavor bouillon (or 1 Oxo cube)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
Corn starch to thicken (or Bisto Gravy powder / granules)
- Heat the olive oil in a large cooktop pan. Add the steak. Sear and stir until brown.
- Add the garlic, onion, carrots, potatoes, celery, and mushrooms. Stir until softened and slightly brown.
- Pour in the wine, beef stock, bouillon, Worcestershire Sauce, mixed herbs, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil.
- Add the tomatoes. Stir well. Reduce heat and simmer on low.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Cook for approximately 1-2 hours, until the meat is tender.
- Thicken with gravy mix, or melt the corn starch with water in a small bowl and add through a sieve to avoid lumping.
- Stir to desired thickness.
- Serve with corn, peas, or fresh crusty bread and butter.