2 cups fresh corn kernels
2 cups milk
3 eggs, lightly beaten
4 tablespoons plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon sugar
2oz salted butter, melted
1 knob butter for greasing dish
- Heat the oven to 325 / 165 / Gas 3.
- Grease a large casserole dish with the knob of butter.
- Sift the flour, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle.
- Add the beaten eggs, melted butter, and milk. Mix to a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the corn kernels.
- Pour the mixture into the greased casserole dish.
- Place this dish in a tray of water that reaches approximately half way up the sides of the casserole container.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 1 hour, or until the pudding is firm to the touch.