Bean and Corn Dumplings
1 quart meal
1 cup brown beans
1 cup corn (removed from the husk)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large pan of water to boiling.
- Place the meal in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, corn and beans.
- Add the egg.
- Mix well with enough boiling water to form a soft dough. Roll into small bite-size balls.
- Drop the small balls in the pan of boiling water.
- Reduce to a low heat. Simmer slowly until thoroughly cooked, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.