- Professional Barrel Racing is a woman’s event, though men and boys occasionally compete at a local level.
- The aim is for a horse and rider to complete a clover-leaf pattern around a set of barrels in the fastest time.
- They ride around 3 x 35 gallon barrels, laid out in a triangular pattern in the middle of the arena.
- Times are measured by an electronic eye, or by a judge with a stopwatch. The fastest rider wins outright.
- This sport tests for speed, strength, agility, riding skill, and control. Yee haw!