1 pint water
4lb corned beef
6 potatoes, cubed
I onion, chopped
6 carrots, sliced
1 turnip, quartered
1 butternut squash, cubed
1 cabbage, quartered
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
- Place the corned beef in a large pot or deep skillet.
- Cover with the water. Add the salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, cover, and reduce heat. Cook for 3 hours until the meat turns tender.
- Stir in the potatoes, carrots, and turnip. Boil for 30 minutes.
- Add the squash and cabbage. Stir well. Boil for an additional 15 minutes.
- Thoroughly mix everything together. Serve piping hot.