Henry Alonzo Longabaugh
- Henry Alonzo Longabaugh was born in Pennsylvania.
- He stole a gun, horse, and saddle from a ranch in Sundance, Wyoming.
- After he served time for this crime in the local jail he adopted the nickname, Sundance Kid.
- His girlfriend (pictured above) was Etta Place. She and Butch Cassidy fled the country with Sundance.
- There was a reward of $30,000 on members of the Wild Gang.
- They first went to Argentina but eventually settled in Bolivia.
- Etta left the two outlaws and returned to the US under an assumed name, predicting the men would die violently.
- Her prophecy came true. It is believed that Sundance died in a Bolivian shootout in November, 1908.
Nash, Jay Robert, “The Real Butch Cassidy and His Wild Bunch,” at http://www.annalsofcrime.com/03-01.htm
Rosa, Joseph, G. Age of the Gunfighter: Man and Weapons on the Frontier, 1840-1900. Oklahoma: U of Oklahoma P, 1995.
Wikipedia, “Butch Cassidy’s Wild Bunch,” at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butch_Cassidy%27s_Wild_Bunch
___, “Sundance Kid,” at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundance_Kid