1 1/4 cups of sour milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup blueberries or raisins
grease for cooking
- Beat together the eggs, sour milk, and vegetable oil in a large bowl.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in the bowl. Fold thoroughly into the liquid and stir until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a well-greased griddle. Pour several 1/2-cups of batter in rounds to cook. This recipe makes about 12 pancakes.
- Add the berries or raisins while the batter is soft. Press into shape with a spatula. Turn half-way through cooking to evenly brown both sides.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup, or apple sauce!