2 tablespoons flour
2 cups cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs (beaten)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine (melted)
1/2 cup milk
Grease for cooking
- Place the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix.
- Stir in the beaten eggs and the melted butter or margarine.
- Using a fork (not a whisk) slowly add the milk, beating until the mixture makes a thin, smooth batter.
- Spoon into rounds on a hot, greased skillet or griddle.
- Cook briefly.
- Turn over. Evenly brown the reverse side.
- Serve hot.