“Endless” brown bread uses the left-over crumbs from one loaf to help create another. This way, nothing ever gets wasted!
1 cup old bread crumbs
2 cups cold water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup molasses
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons baking soda
1 cup white or rye flour
Grease for pan
- Heat a conventional oven to 350 / 177/ gas 4.
- Grease a bread loaf pan.
- Soak the old breadcrumbs in the water until soft.
- Add the molasses.
- Mix the salt, cornmeal ,flours, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add the wet breadcrumb mix, and stir together until thoroughly combined and moist.
- Spoon in the loaf pan. Press to shape.
- Cook in a Dutch oven on the open fire until done. Or bake in a kitchen oven for approximately 40 minutes.