2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons butter
2 squares of chocolate or 2 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons corn syrup
2/3 cups milk or cream
Grease for pan.
- Heat the sugar, milk, chocolate (cocoa), and corn syrup together in a large pot.
- Mix well, until the sugar is totally melted.
- Stir continually until the mixture makes a soft ball. Take care not to burn the base.
- Blend in the butter and vanilla.
- Put aside to cool.
- Beat out any bubbles or lumps and spread on a marble slab, or press firmly into a buttered pan.
- Allow to chill and set firm.
- Cut into squares.